[thelist] What makes a good web site?

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Wed Oct 18 08:08:40 CDT 2006

> Do you guys see tabbed browsing affecting any of this? I personally
> throw 5-6 interesting search results into tabs (with super dragandgo
> or whatever the firefox extension is). So I don't usually switch to
> the first tab for 10 seconds or so, at least. IE7 will have tabbed
> browsing (right?), so it will become more mainstream.

I don't think so. I do the same thing myself, but the laypeople I know I
do NOT think would do that. Even were they to think of it, it very
easily can be complicated. I have observed recently two laypeople who
were not aware (in the least apparently) that the average web form can
be submitted via the Enter key--the use the mouse instead.

If people are not aware of such simple time-saving features common to
all browsers, I do not expect them to start using advanced features
anytime soon.

Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/