[thelist] What makes a good web site?

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 07:32:36 CDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Jeremy Weiss <eccentric.one at gmail.com> wrote:

> So then, what you're saying is that it depends on your target market. And,
> just like screen resolution, patience, buying habits, etc. this changes from
> site to site.

As I understood it, Matt's was questioning if tabbed browsing would
change a user's willingness to wait for a site to load in the browser
window.

What I'm suggesting is that tabbed browsing may cause a shift in the
behavior of the user. That shift being that a user may not be *as*
concerned about download speed because they will have the option to
focus on something else while they wait for a site to load.

I'm not sure that target market really has anything to do with it, nor
does it really relate to Chris's original subject.

I'm not saying it's an invalid point, I'm just not sure that it fits
the discussion:)

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications