[thelist] IIS Directory Security Inheritance

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Wed Oct 18 22:50:48 CDT 2006

Started a new IE instance each time. The folder has NTFS
permissions to read.

On further investigation, it appears that it is a symptom
of SSL.

Allowing unsecured (but authentication controlled as
desired originall) access to the resource works perfectly.
Switch on SSL, and IIS seems to ignore the subdirectory
permissions.

Hrm.

Rob