[thelist] Mailing Lists using PHP

Nick Daverin ndaverin at marian.org
Thu Oct 19 18:31:33 CDT 2006

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find anything about it.

We're trying to implement an automated mailing list via php/mysql and
mail() just isn't cutting it. I know that there must be some decent
low/no cost alternatives (we're a non-profit so no cost to us means more
money to our charities).

Some specs: We're running php/mySql on OS X client (my boss got that
instead of Server because of the aforementioned money issue) with an
apache server. I'm the admin for this and my knowledge is fairly
limited, I've looked at the PEAR::mail package but can't quite get it to
work.

-Nick