[thelist] Elements of a Web page?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Oct 20 13:16:34 CDT 2006

> has the concepts of
> what a Web is gelled enough to have a fixed elements or will
> that ever happen?

I certainly hope not. That'd be like making traffic lanes in the ocean
and making sailboats stay between the lines. Or like making a 'template'
for new ideas.

In my head, the core of the web's value to me is the absolute lack of
*conceptual* limitations. My dream is to do a live webcast of my band
performing all my original tunes from an island at the bottom of the
Grand Canyon.

And the totally groovy thing is that the toughest part is going to be
putting the band together ;)

I don't object to a taxonomy or catalog of what exists, but like a
dictionary (a snapshot of a living language, not a rulebook for speech)
it should reflect what exists, not constrain it.

feel fairly filosofical this morning

joel