[thelist] .NET 1.1 and 2.0 on the same server?

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Thu Oct 26 10:12:02 CDT 2006

At work here we're talking about migrating from 1.1 to 2.0, and we would
install 2.0 on the development server first and then test all of our
apps and sites.  As I understand, it IS possible to have both running on
the same server at the same time.  Then , in IIS, you can specify with
each site which version of .NET it will use.    Is this correct?  Before
I go out and download 2.0 and install, are there any potential pitfalls
or land mines I of which I should be aware?

Thanks,

Casey