[thelist] look and feel compromises

Theresa Song Loong theresasl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:18:43 CDT 2006

I myself am quite an amateuristic web developer, and thus find myself from
time to time comprimising the look and feel of the design for coding
problems. Although, in the end I always end up fixing it anyway. I dislike
ignoring a problem, since the same thing could pop up any other time..
To that end, my design is from the beginning pretty flexible. The general
lay-out will be done from the start, and the more detailed designer flair
stuff should be able to fit in after, or not. Then again, I am not a
professional, thus I can afford to do so.
So basically, I design something that fits my skills, and along the way I
learn a bunch of new coding skills.
I would, however, encourage working in some sort of team of CSS-designer and
back-coder. Someone focussing on the look and feel of the site will ensure
that it won't get 'over-dramatised' and retains its 'flair'.

hth
Theresa.