[thelist] Installing browsers for testing?

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 04:44:24 CST 2006

On 11/7/06, Donna Jones <donnajjones at gwi.net> wrote:
> The only catch to Microsoft's Virtual PC, but its a show-stopper for
> some people, incl me, is that you must have WinXP *Pro*.  just thought
> i'd mention that because Victual PC has been mentioned a lot but never
> see anyone say anything about the caveat.

I'm 99% certain that Virtual PC 2004 SP1 installs just fine on Windows
XP Home. You need to be running XP Pro if you want to have a supported
configuration. If you just want "best effort" support, you can install
and run VPC on XP Home. VPC 2007 will also run on XP Home, however
there is a bug in the installer that stops it installing on XP Home,
that will be fixed before RTM

Cheers
Ken