[thelist] Tips/Tricks/Tidbits... what do you add?

Micky Hulse micky at ambiguism.com
Tue Nov 7 15:08:03 CST 2006

ben morrison wrote:
> I use similar links but use the actual id of the element:
> since my main content is in <div id="content">
> I don't use title attributes as they are so badly supported.

Ooooh, I like that even better! Thanks. :)

I did not realize I could link to the ID of the div. Very cool.

See, this is why I asked. LOL.

> I can't see how this will actually help with accessibility, if
> anything it will be an annoyance for a screen-reader user. Using <h1>
> in this way is also a waste of the most important element on the page.
> Im all for webstandards, but clients and especially end-users do not
> need this message, If you'd like to promote it its better on an 'about
> this site' page that is visible to every user.

Ah, very good points. :)

I usually do the about page thing too... I think I may ditch that code then.

I think I picked that up from Rustharian[1] layouts, Specifically[2]...
same with the hidden HR.

[1] <http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/>
[2] <http://snipurl.com/11ido>

Many thanks Ben, I appreciate the input and you sharing your tips.

Cheers,
Micky

--
  Wishlist: <http://snipurl.com/vrs9>