[thelist] Gmail / RSS accessing from script

Chris Ditty cditty at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:29:20 CST 2006

I am trying to write a small module to display my gmail email on my custom
startup page.  I am using this url with the correct userid and
password - https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom
.

When I put it in the web browser, it acts like it is supposed to.  But when
I try and script it, it returns a 401 unauthorized error.  I get the same
error when I try a wget also.

Has anyone had any success in getting this to work from a script?  The
output is supposed to be simple RSS once I get past this error.