[thelist] Web Page Response Times....

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Mon Nov 13 21:03:58 CST 2006

Regarding the other discussion, I didn't really get any solid feeding on
response times.  I 'guessed' when I said 4 seconds as the patience
factor for high speed connections.  8-10 seconds might be acceptable for
modem users or even more if they are in dire need of the content.  I
looked at a site the other day, the audience should be a range of local
viewers (small local biz).  Currently the home page is over 900K, mostly
due to 2 images (one a transitional .gif of over 500k).  Seems
borderline for broadband and impossible for modem.  No median, no
balance.     -Bob