[thelist] web site check please

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Tue Nov 14 08:03:23 CST 2006

Sales @ Lycosa wrote:
> Could you all take a look at my latest site design please? I am particularly
> interested in your thoughts on my interactive mug design application.
> http://www.kirkholmecollectables.co.uk/design-mug.htm
>
> Have a play, and see if you can break it!
> Any bugs, errors, comments and feedback is welcome.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Phil Parker
> Lycosa Web Services Ltd
> http://www.lycosa.co.uk

Alright Phil,

    I've had a little play with it and there are a few suggestions I can
make. For one thing it would be worth looking into CSS for layout, the
Yahoo UI library grid layouts [1] are a good place to start if you're
short on time.

    It'd be good to have a sample image and text already there so people
can see the various templates before uploading anything. It's not
obvious because you have the image of the dog on the template selection
and a blank mug. I'd be tempted to move the mug bit to the bottom and
the upload area next to the template selection area to give it some kind
of logical progression. Either that or sample graphics and text...

    The pink dotted border has issues in IE. You'd be better off trying
either dashed or solid. I can't really comment on the visuals any more
than that apart from the mug image looking quite jagged round the bottom.

    [1] http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/

    Hope thats some help to you,
       Rob O