[thelist] IE JavaScript issues?

Thomas Nilsson thomas.nilsson at framfab.com
Mon Nov 20 09:11:08 CST 2006

[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org]
>On Behalf Of Kristian Rink
>Sent: den 17 november 2006 08:36
>To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
>Subject: Re: [thelist] IE JavaScript issues?
>

>When attaching the JavaScript debugger, I can see the MSIE complains
about

>	hint = document.getElementById("hint");
>

>... why on earth? Testbed environment so far is MSIE 6.0, and according
to the manual I use
>(selfhtml ...), getElementById() should be perfect for post-5.5 IE's.
Or am I wrong on that?

---
(My mail server seems to have lost some recent messages, so this might
have been answered already. In that case, my apologies)
---

In Internet Explorer, "hint" is itself a reference to the element,
another (older and IE only) way of accessing elements. The code in your
example is trying to assign an element as a value to itself.

It's easily fixed by using another variable name, e.g.

	elmHint = document.getElementById("hint");

/Thomas