[thelist] Web Page Response Times....

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Tue Nov 21 12:17:00 CST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 9:15 PM, Steven Streight wrote:

> I would like to know how to measure the size of my own blog,
> relative to
> page loading times and optimizing download speed. Is there also a
> chart or
> set of guidelines for such evaluations as "900k is a lot for
> broadband and
> impossible for dial up modems to handle"?

Time to get Sloppy!!!

<tip type="Seeing your site from a user's perspective"
author="Stephen Rider">
If you're trying to figure out what it's like to use your site via
dial-up modem or other type of connection, get Sloppy.

Sloppy is a "slow proxy for dial-up modem speed simulation" -- that
is, it's a deliberately slow web proxy that runs on your computer and
slows down your connection to simulate specific types of slow
connections.  Just what you need to show that graphic designer with
the 22" screen and T1 line what you've been talking about all this time.

Get it here:
http://www.dallaway.com/sloppy/
</tip>