[thelist] Testing a Webapp

Ken Snyder ksnyder at coremr.com
Mon Nov 27 12:58:35 CST 2006

Hershel,

I find it helpful to set up a "Staging" environment which is identical
to the production environment.  If appropriate, you may also want to
copy real data from a production environment to the staging
environment.  Often the Beta environment is the staging environment.  So
you might have 3 environments:

Development (Alpha) - Local server of any specs
Staging (Beta) - Identical to a production server specs
Production - client servers

It seems best to avoid generating test data in a live database if at all
possible.

Ken Snyder