[thelist] my #1 ecommerce sales tip

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:10:54 CST 2006

Well I put an idea out there to see what others think. I'm glad to get
external viewpoints, prior to suggesting to a client that we do this. Now I
can ponder it with all these great opinions and seasoned insights. Just to
repeat: I am in favor of power to the user/consumer/customer, and I hate
hard sell pushy aggression, intrusive marketing, and such.

Main reason I don't register on some sites is because I have to fill screen
after screen of forms, and they try to get too much information from me,
they repeat the questions, and also try to get me to sign up for all kinds
of newsletters and product offer alerts. All that stuff just drags me
down...and I bail out in most cases.