[thelist] Site Check: Is it accessible?

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 02:48:56 CST 2006

One of the reasons I mentioned that I have a bit of difficulty when there is
low contrast between foreground text and background images is because
accessibility isn't just about the blind and how they use JAWS or Fangs but
also about people who have sight but problems with their sight such as poor
vision (requiring larger text), color-blindness and in my case, a problem
with contrasts (I don't know if there is a name for this, I have never had
it evaluated). Therefore, a valid, semantic HTML page could be rendered
inaccessible for some depending on how the CSS was crafted. JAWS and Fang
users wouldn't have a problem so running those applications would not find
CSS-created color-contrast issues.

Jules

--
Website: http://jrickards.ca