[thelist] hosting problem

M. Seyon evolt07 at delime.com
Sun Dec 3 17:49:23 CST 2006

Hi Bob,

I'm afraid I've got more questions than answers at this point, but
hopefully we can get your domain back under your control.

1. When you do a WHOIS lookup who is the listed Registrant and/or
Administrative Contact? If either one is you, you can probably breathe a
bit easier.

2. Is the current registrar ICANN-accredited? Check here -
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

3. Do you have invoices/receipts specifically showing that you
paid/currently pay for the domain in question? Registration and renewal.
IE, not part of a bundled "website hosting services" line item.

If you haven't come across this article before, I suggest you have a read
of
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2005/03/how-to-snatch-an-expiring
-domain

And I would STRONGLY advise that you not let that domain expire. Chances of
recovering it are slimmer than a catwalk model. It will most probably end
up in the hands of a reseller who will ask $xxxx for it.

If you want to drop me a note offline and include the domain in question
I'll do some looking around.

Good luck.

-marc

Message from Bob Meetin (12/3/2006 11:32 AM)

--
Now available: Trinidad and Tobago 2007 wall calendars
http://phototnt.com/