[thelist] CSS: div background color discrepancy

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Dec 6 17:00:12 CST 2006

> The simple fix is to transfer the
> background color from #navcontainer ul to a new rule for just
> #navcontainer

sorry; should have mentioned that I tried that. sorry sorry. made it
100% width, bg color and all; no joy. I've put that back in again, for
the current fooling around.

if I add a border to the new navcontainer declaration, it appears
*above* the ul, not around it. seems like the ul is following the
navcontainer, not being inside it

I'm feeling dumber. I kinda thought I'd get CSS, but despite studying
the box model et al, it still doesn't always behave the way I expect.

joel