[thelist] Coding standards.... [headers]

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Dec 8 11:47:01 CST 2006

> I'd somehow gotten it into my head that you could only use
> one h1 in any
> one document. Turns out that's superstition.

from a *purely* semantic position, there is only one 'first' header on a
page; again, being purely semantic, you should have a single h1, and all
the rest of the <h>s should follow in appropriate outline/numeric
fashion

rudy makes a strong argument for exceptions which I won't repeat here
for fear of sounding like I agree with him ;) but as far as I know,
there's no validation failure (Bobby? dunno) if you misuse your <h>s

of course, if you're just using them as *styles* (size, font, etc.),
that's evil.

joel