[thelist] Page Testing

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Dec 8 13:24:31 CST 2006

> YMMV.

ah, yes. it does. <thumbs nose at poor schmuck working for corporate
giant>

when I was employed down the street here at 'small friendly health
insurance administrators' I had exactly the relationship you describe in
item 1, the one where end users really cared about what I was building
for them, and where the company's upper management, from the COO through
the IT director to my direct manager all wanted it to be *right*, not
just fast, cheap, whatever.

so, user sign-off was important because it urged the busy users and
their managers to allot the time necessary to ensure that the tool was
what they really needed. it was all I did, so I made the time. they had
*real* jobs, so they couldn't unless it was Part of the Process.

but your clarification, um, clarifies.

joel