[thelist] Creating zip files in PHP that are HUGE!

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Dec 11 11:48:12 CST 2006

Tris wrote:
> http://www.phpconcept.net/pclzip/index.en.php
> It all works great, until I try and compile a large zip (80Mb)
> SO my question(s) are:
>
> 1. Anyone uesd tis before on large files
> 2. would a Linux server have an inbuilt setting that stops it
> processign internally if there was too much load?
> 3. Any other ideas for creating large zips on teh fly..??

1. Not I
2. Not the server, but your php.ini file does.  Do a phpinfo() and check
for max_execution and memory_limit values.
3. Use the built-in gnu tools, tar and gzip with the system() function[0].

What error are you getting?  What's your PHP version?  What exactly are
you trying to do?  What are you dumping that results in an 80MB file
after compression?

[0] http://us3.php.net/system

--
Max Schwanekamp