[thelist] CSS again: suspected IE funkiness on inline UL

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sun Dec 17 18:06:04 CST 2006

> Unless you want that navlist centred I'd reccommend floating
> those list
> items left instead of displaying them as inline elements.
> That way you
> can treat the anchor tags as block level elements and things
> should be
> more consistent in IE.

Theoretically interesting, but none of this fixed it :(

> Take a look at some of the examples on listamatic for guidance:
> http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

That's where my code came from, here:
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal05.htm

Which works exactly as I expect in both FF and IE, so I strongly suspect
the issue is somewhere else in the CSS of the header; I just can't find
it.

I do appreciate the continuing education - every one of y'all's posts
has had some useful tidbit that's gonna come in handy down the road.

joel