[thelist] test environment for zen-cart

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Sun Dec 17 21:22:58 CST 2006

To create a test environment for a site I just inherited I:

   * create a staging subdirectory,
   * copy the package into that subdirectory
   * update the configure.php file to reference the new location
   * create a backup copy of the database, but with a different prefix
     (stage_, etc)
   * update configure.php to use the backup database/tables

This seems to work fine on a demo version (not client's)  I have set up
for playing around.  However with the client's install if I visit the
staging subdirectory home page (the shop home page), I get the following
message in Firefox (IE just hangs):

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.

   *   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
accept
         cookies.

Suggestions?
-Bob