[thelist] Writing Proposals

Dawson Costelloe costelloe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:06:06 CST 2006

Hello, I had a meeting last week, of which the client was to sign-off
on our initial proposal for the web project, including: hosting,
design and development.

They liked the initial proposal and ideas, and now want us to go on to
write a final proposal, which would include a LOT of work and a huge
amount of detail, as the project is very technical and not on the
small side.

However, our new business manager was concerned when I suggested we
charge for the final proposal? Is this so wrong/strange? Do you
guys/girls charge for final proposal and if so how? how do you put
this to the client and work out the fee etc?

(I think it's going to take me around four weeks to write the final
proposal, including client meetings)

Thanks.