[thelist] Writing Proposals

Mark Howells webdev at mountain.ch
Mon Dec 18 10:10:55 CST 2006

For larger projects, we usually agree a concept charge with the
potential client, as many projects are very detailed and require a
lot of planning. Sales guys will usually be worried about charging
for something like this, but if you're going to spend more than a
couple of hours on this kind of concept then it's totally realistic
to charge for it. If a client wants four weeks' concept time for
free, then they're being unrealistic and I'd avoid the client. Unless
it's a "can't say no" client/project, in which case, I'd agree a
special hourly/daily rate for the concept work.

Mark Howells
www.permanenttourist.ch