[thelist] CSS again: suspected IE funkiness on inline UL

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Mon Dec 18 13:01:48 CST 2006

I am unable to recreate the bottom border issue on IE6 or IE7, but the top
border can be revealed by removing the float: left and width 100% from the
#header style.

In my recreation, the nav spanned 100% without specifying and corrected the
background color from appearing below the nav bar. Come to think of it,
maybe it is the background color showing through to make it appear like a
1px solid bottom border.

Thanks,

markJ

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Joel D Canfield
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 10:12 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] CSS again: suspected IE funkiness on inline UL

Here's an example of what I've been asking. This is the CSS I'm trying to
emulate; it works as expected in IE7:

    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal05.htm

Here's what the identical code, copied and pasted, looks like in IE7 in my
implementation:

    http://www.intranetintelligence.com/ii/meyertab.asp

Screen shot:

    http://www.intranetintelligence.com/ii/images/navbarissue2.gif

It's not breaking in the CSS styling the navlist; it's breaking in the
header somewhere. Here's how I'm styling #wrapper and #header:

    #wrapper {
    margin:0px auto;
    padding:0px;
    border:0px;
    }

    #header {
    color:inherit;
    background-color:#ededed;
    text-align:left;
    margin:0px;
    padding:0px;
    border:0px;
    width:100%;
    float:left;
    }

For the life of me, I can't see why IE is chopping off the tops of the tabs.

joel

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/