[thelist] Cookie monster

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Tue Jan 2 14:10:12 CST 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of help with a cookie my brother wrote that I'm
using on http://brendan.o-rourke.org (a site i did for one of my other
brothers). It uses Jeroen Wijering's flash player to display a playlist
defined per article in the cms. The cookie remembers the state of the
current playlist e.g. volume, track number+time and then sets the player
to that position when ever the user visits another page with the same
playlist on it.

Its working fine in FF and IE7 (so you can get an idea of what I'm
rambling about) but not working in IE6, Opera or Netscape. I thought it
was to do with the window.onunload to set the cookie saveState but I've
had no luck with any other methods. I'm not that hot on javascript yet.
I was trying to work out how to make it so the saveState function is
/attached/ to the/ /onunload event too but still no luck.

What I'm asking for is suggestions on how to improve it and also how to
get in working in those other browsers...

the js file is at http://brendan.o-rourke.org/mp3cookie.js

Any help is always appreciated,
Cheers
Rob