[thelist] MySQL data to corp. sites

Joseph Dunn joseph at magnesium.net
Wed Jan 3 17:23:51 CST 2007

Ken,

Knowing what format the data is currently in would help tremendously in
advising you wisely. However, I suspect that one of two solutions may work.
If the data to be uploaded is already sitting in MySQL databases in other
places, your clients simply need to connect to your server using the MySQL
client (using either SSL, or over an SSH tunnel, for security) and copy
their data into your database. Another option is to install phpMyAdmin (
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/), a free MySQL administration tool that offers a
nice web interface. Either option, of course, will allow your clients to
screw up your database if they don't know what they're doing and their
account permissions are lax.

Regards,

Joseph Dunn