[thelist] AlphaImageLoader woes

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 07:34:43 CST 2007

Hello all,

I've just started work on implementing a redesign, for which the
designer used some semi-transparent backgrounds. I'm using a 24-bit PNG
image for that, while loading a seperate stylesheet for IE 6 and earlier
through conditional comments. This has just one simple rule:

.backed {
    background-image: none !important;
    zoom: 1;

filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='images/backing.png',sizingMethod='scale');
}

(the original stylesheet has .backed { background-image:
url('images/backing.png'); })

Now, here's the kicker:

On my main navigation DIV, which contains a UL with left-floated LI's,
all but the last of the links are unclickable in IE6. If I disable the
AlphaImageLoader, no problem, but I don't have the semi-transparent
background.

Can somebody help me find out why this is happening? I'm thoroughly
stumped. The URL is http://www.osponline.nl/nieuw/index.php

Thanks in advance,

Rick.