[thelist] Screen Resolution, which to design for?

Tagean Silviu tagean1981 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 04:46:28 CST 2007

It's sure you ca use 1024x768 because now every computer has this minimum resolution.
  You have more space to design. You just need to make the design at 1000 because you must consider the browser scroll....

Lee kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
  On 15/01/07, Dawson Costelloe wrote:
> We're working on a new website for a client, and the question came up
> about which would be the best, or most commonly used screen resolution
> to design for. Some are saying, 1024x768, others 800x600, liquid
> designs came up and lots of other suggestions.

Very tough, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/screen_resolution.html.

There are a few other factors - are users going to do a lot of reading
on this site - or is mostly visual? People often find narrow columns
with hardly more than a dozen words per line are more readable than a
maximized liquid layout on a large resolution display.

--
Lee
--

* * Please support the community that supports you. * *
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Workers of the Web, evolt !