[thelist] Screen Resolution, which to design for?

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Mon Jan 15 23:23:51 CST 2007

"I have always had large monitors.  And I have never, ever had the
habit of maximizing my browser window.  I detest having the browser
take over my whole huge monitor.  I have a large monitor precisely
because I want to be able to have 10 applications open at once and
click around between them easily.  It's chaotic visually but it's what
I like."

What it all boils down too is personal preference and your never going to
please everyone who views your website. Personally I don't mind fixed width
sites, I'd rather have loads of plain background colour to the right side of
the site in my maximized window than text that stretches across the whole
monitor.

Like everyone has said, do your homework and find out about your target
audience, and educate your client if they insist on something that you think
is inappropriate.

Birdie