[thelist] FW: Help with RSS - Changing Blog Platform

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Tue Jan 16 09:34:31 CST 2007

Since you're on WP I'm assuming you have php.

You could try a 301 redirect.  But a simpler solution may be symbolic
links from the old feed files to the new one, that might get complicated
depending on the WP version and weather or not the new feed is
mysite.com/feed/ or mysite.com/?feed=rss2 I've not tried symlinking
parameters before.  Still a 301 would be easy enough.  You could set in
your .htaccess to run .rdf and .xml through PHP.  Then in those files
include this bit-o-301 magic:

header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
header('Location: http://www.deconfuser.com');

Theoretically should work, because doesn't the server handle the
redirect?

On the other hand if you're going to run .rdf and .xml through php, then
just include the bit of code from the new feed script to generate the
appropriate feed.

--
Jon Molesa
Owner - Consoltec