[thelist] Firefox, CSS, and IIS issue

Matthew Bernhardt bernhardt.7 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 19 11:13:05 CST 2007

Hello again,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:24:16 -0500, Lee kowalkowski
<lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Firefox doesn't like stylesheets that weren't served with a
> content/MIME type of text/css.  Possibly do it doesn't have to waste
> time parsing page-not-found responses that don't use the 404 status
> code or what not.

Thanks - this helped me find the problem. The development site was
configured to add a custom HTTP header that set the content-type to
text/html for all pages. Once I took that out, FF started implementing the
CSS correctly. Now, I just have to remember why I added that header in the
first place - I want to say that the W3C's HTML validator was asking for a
content-type header at some point, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks, also, for the tip on quotes in an @import() statement. I've taken
them out.

Matt
bernhardt.7 at osu.edu