[thelist] Optimizing MySQL

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Jan 19 13:07:14 CST 2007

Sarah Adams wrote:
 > Probably the first thing you should look into is implementing indexes
 > where appropriate

Thanks for the links.  We do use indexes; I'm looking to deepen my
understanding of best practices specifically for MySQL.

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> To identify problem queries, you can monitor this:
>   <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/slow-query-log.html>
>
> And it might be worth while to invest in the "High Performanec MySQL"
> book (O'Reilly) --

I had forgotten about the Slow Query Log.  Thanks for the book
recommendation especially.  There are so many MySQL resources that
(aside from the docs) it's good to know what others would recommend.

Thank you!

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com