[thelist] VS 2005 and ie7 and ie6

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Mon Jan 22 10:08:44 CST 2007

		   Are you talking about client-side debugging or server-side debugging?  The latter should be established once you start your application in debug mode, but the former happens after the browser has already loaded the first page.  You can use the current instance of VS if you like, though I suppose it might have trouble tracking two different processes at a time...

Cheers,

Peter

				From: Simmy Fleischer simmyf at gmail.com

I just found your awesome site and downloaded IE6 hoping to be able to
use it on my system with IE7 when I need to debug javascript in VS 2005.
(VS 2005 and IE7 don't play very nicely together for debugging
javascript, a known problem thats still not fixed!) I downloaded ie6
from the Standalone IEs for Windows
archive and copied it
to its own directory and set it as the browser for VS to use. But when I
try using the debug IE6 asks if I want to start a new instance of VS to
debug. Anyone know how I can get IE6 to use the instance of VS 2005 that
started the browser?

Would it be better to only have ie6? if so how do I remove ie7 and
install ie6 in its place?

Thanks for the help!

Simmy