[thelist] Sample Security Log File

Mohsen Saboorian mohsens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 07:58:41 CST 2007

On 1/23/07, Ken Schaefer <Ken at adopenstatic.com> wrote:
> A) What does this have to do with web development?

Whatever security-related issue could potentially be useful to web :)

> b) What sort of log file standard is this? I've never seen it before. As a
> follow-up to that question - if it's some logfile you just came up with, then
> you'd need to generate your own logfile. If you are open to any old logfile
> format then just grab something out of whatever system(s) you are looking
> after. You can even get events like that straight from a Windows system (just
> dump the Security event log after turning on auditing for all security
> events). You just need to parse the .evt file (or use the LogParser tool).

My format is just sample, BTW a security module for a web or desktop
application can generate such a file. For example see Windows NT
system events holds "Type", "Date", "Time", "Source", "Category",
"Event", "User" and "Computer".

I mailed here because could not find a NORMAL log file. My desktop is
single user, so my own windows logfile is not comprehensive enough
(randomly-generated log may not help, because it is cannot be used to
test the system).

Best