[thelist] Migrating from Photoshop to Fireworks

Nick Daverin ndaverin at marian.org
Wed Jan 24 10:32:41 CST 2007

Hi all,
We have a new designer coming in who is proficient with Photoshop, yet
we develop with the Studio 8 Suite using Fireworks. Does anyone know of
a good migration/training resource we could use? Thanks!
-Nick

<tip type="Dreamweaver Templates" author="Nick">
Dreamweaver uses templates to make updating multiple pages quick, but
with large servers the check out/check in time can get pretty big. Try
using includes in the template for headers and footers and only code the
editable/optional regions in the template itself. This way adding menu
items or links to the footer is as simple as checking out and in only
one file.
</tip>