[thelist] Migrating from Photoshop to Fireworks

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:45:55 CST 2007

On 1/24/07, Nick Daverin <ndaverin at marian.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> We have a new designer coming in who is proficient with Photoshop, yet
> we develop with the Studio 8 Suite using Fireworks. Does anyone know of
> a good migration/training resource we could use? Thanks!
> -Nick

Are you suggesting the designer re-trains to use fireworks instead?
Personally I would buy photoshop for them since this is their
prefferred design tool and they can hit the ground running , it also
stops the software from getting in the way of their design process -
which is why you have employed them. I will concur that fireworks is
easier to slice designs up compared to imageready, but in the current
climate of CSS styled websites I find there are less and less
requirements for slicing up designs.

ben

--
Ben Morrison