[thelist] Acronym and abbr tags

Austin Harris austin at dotmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 10:51:37 CST 2007

> Much depends on the audience as well. Is this for a general consumer
> audience? If so them you need to spell them out and the reason the
> writing gets cluttered and difficult is it needs to be better.

As I said below they are columns in a table, the only thing in the cell is "Third Party, Fire and Theft Only" for example.

To make it clearer;

Table has columns (x 20);
Insurance Provider, Cost, Excess, Protect NCB, Cover Type

The cover type column has the three options;
Fully comprehensive (Full)
Third Party, Fire and Theft (TPF & T)
Third Party only (TPO)

I agree that these are standard insurance terms and need some explaining, (hence the question.)

Hope that makes things a bit clearer...

Austin