[thelist] long, but gentle, rant about the non-ubiquity of technological knowledge (was RE:Newsletter as HTML Email)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Feb 1 11:22:15 CST 2007

> Then there's this guy... heh
>
> <http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/linuxbeat3.htm>

"So that she doesn't get bored with the look of the system, I set up
cron jobs that change the desktop theme and widget set for her every
day."

he should be shot. that's about as 'helpful' as moving the bathroom
every night so gramma has to go hunting every time she needs to, um,
powder her nose.

see? technology is fundamentally evil. I knew it.

(that was a joke. no, really it was. just because it wasn't funny
doesn't mean it's not a joke. besides, I'm feeling cocky 'cause I
finished writing that song, and now that everyone's awake I can record
the demo ;)

joel