[thelist] Newsletter as HTML Email

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Thu Feb 1 11:27:34 CST 2007

> My question sounded purely rhetorical, but I didn't mean it
> that way --
> It's a real question.  If HTML email is such a bad idea, is not
> effective, etc., then why do so many big players continue to use it?

they use it because it works. it's not like the spammers who are
stealing CPU cycles from drone machines, these companies paid someone to
create the marketing campaign, and unless they're morons, they're
tracking the ROI and using what works.

pictures sell a whole lot better than words. I, probably part of a
minority, prefer words primarily, to activate the reasoning centers of
my brain before making a purchase decision. pretty pictures get in my
way. but if I'm selling to normal people, I'm throwin' in pictures,
shiny ones, with bright colors like blue stars, yellow moons, and green
clover.

wait; that was breakfast.