[thelist] the value of 'email this page' tools (was RE: increase and decrease font size by clicking on an icon)

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Feb 2 09:34:33 CST 2007

> The only one of these popular on-site-controls I really have an
> objection to is the 'email this page to a friend'. Now
> /that's/ what I
> call unnecessary convoluted compromise.

some of the sites which offer that have painfully long and/or session
specific URLs. when they do, I'm glad they make it easy to send a link
to Best Beloved, rather than having to guess which bits are vital and
which are transient (Amazon finally got their URLs to be email friendly)

doesn't address the fact that she's sitting six feet away at the desk
facing me, but that's a different issue entirely.

joel