[thelist] FrontPage Error

Steven Pierce steven.pierce at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 09:51:29 CST 2007

On 2/2/07, Casey Crookston <caseyc at intellisoftmn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> A client is using FP to edit a few html pages on their site.  We just
> gave the site a face lift and in the process we removed a bunch of html
> files and added a bunch of new ones.  Didn't change any permissions,
> didn't change anything in IIS. Now, when he tries to access the site via
> FP, he gets this error:

What kind of files did you remove?  FP does use bot's and that might be
part of it.

> Along with a prompt for user name and password.  According the Microsoft
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813522) the solution lies on his end.
> This makes no sense as he didn't make any changes and I don't want to
> suggest this solution w/o some more due diligence on my part.  I also
> found a few other posts to various forums on the same error, but none
> offered a legitimate solution.

Can you log in as him?  Also do you have FP on your machine?  Can you see
his files with FP??

> He is using FP2000 and the site is hosted on Windows Server 2003.  Yes,
> I know FP is going away.  He has been keeping his site up to date this
> way for 5+ years and we are in the process of weaning him.  But for now,
> we need this functionality back.

FP2k should not be a issue in Win Server 03.  Again the first thing that I
would check to see if you can log in as him.  That way you can see what he
is seeing, or not seeing.