[thelist] Images--database or file

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Mon Feb 5 00:43:42 CST 2007

> Which way is best, tho?

er, how 'bout I offer what I do without claiming it's 'best' - files in
a directory structure, path in the db.

I prefer it because the files *can* be accessed outside the database
structure if that's desirable. if not, security lockdown cures that.
path can be changed, it can be parsed and rebuilt on the fly using UNC,
local path, web address. db can be copied elsewhere as a reference to
what's available, without requiring the bigness of storing all the data.

one downside is that moving/copying the db requires the additional step
for the directory structure, but I can deal with that.

joel