[thelist] Site check, please?

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Mon Feb 5 15:25:31 CST 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 9:04 PM, Matthew Bernhardt wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>   I'd like to ask interested folks to take a look at this site and
> offer feedback:
>
> http://benedikt.knowlton.ohio-state.edu

Are you doing something screwy with the scrollbar?  It appears and
disappears intermittently.  Very hard to grab to scroll with. (Using
Firefox 2 on Mac OS 10.4 on PPC G4 laptop.)

As a rule of thumb I would suggest that you never mess with
fundamental controls like that, unless there's a VERY good reason.

See the screenshot for issue with toolbar _and_ glitch in "GO" button
in upper right.  The toolbar is something specific to this site.

<http://striderweb.com/temp/toolbarwoes.jpg>

I too might suggest a less busy background under the text.  It's
distracting.

Steve