[thelist] Css and IE?

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Mon Feb 5 21:52:22 CST 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 19:20, Jeremy Weiss wrote:
> Mark, Thanks for the tip. It removed the background image, but there still
> a large gap showing in IE that I can't seem to remove.

Specify a height for whatever element that background image was in,
(the .header class?) at a different computer now, so can't access your
example, but that should do it. Of course anything else that you had below
that was dependent on the height of the element preceeding will need
adjustment too.

Any time things aren't working, check your float clearance, heights, widths,
and line-heights. Also, I've found that using the transitional doctype gives
you more problems to overcome (quirks mode for example), use xhtml strict for
better cross-browser niceness.

--
cheers,

        mark