[thelist] Css and IE? PATCHED

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:47:06 CST 2007

I just wanted to thank Mark and Hassan for their help.

I've gone back and revalidated the page as XTHML Strict and I've also
validated the CSS. The problem came down to a difference in how IE and
Firefox calculates margins and such (a single line of code, no less). I
couldn't seem to figure a way around this, so I just split the css into two
files and threw together a quick php script to check the user agent and
serve up the right file. Not the most elegant (hence the subject of PATCHED
and not SOLVED or FIXED), but it'll have to do for now.

Thanks again.

-jeremy