[thelist] Email: Newsletter Programs

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 18:57:58 CST 2007

On 2/6/07, Steven Streight <steven.streight at gmail.com> wrote:

> But still, is this graphic exuberance what ppl expect and want and find
> useful and compelling in an email newsletter?

Yes.

> Are we expecting users to luxuriate over breathtaking photo displays?

Yes. Context. *In The Consumer Space*

Rich media kicks your text's rear and takes its lunch money. Sorry.

> I see email as a textual telephone and an online answering machine,

I see myself leaving to go to the store to pick up some wine to have
with dinner. But I don't see anything in my future that would enable me
to "see email as a textual telephone".

Pharmacological recommendations are, of course, always welcomed.

:-)
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com