[thelist] SOLVED: Making same modification to large number of files

Sarah Adams mr.sanders at geekjock.ca
Fri Feb 9 11:19:23 CST 2007

> As I said, this is a legacy site. If the client were willing to pay for
> it, I'd redesign the whole mess - but as it stands it's just as much
> work (if not less) to replace the content, as opposed to replacing the
> content with php hooks.

You may be right that for now it's easier to just replace the content
than to implement SSIs. But what about the next time a change needs to
be made? If you invest the extra time to convert to SSI now, such
changes in the future will require nothing more than updating the
appropriate include file. Trust me, you'll thank yourself for it later :)

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer